14 February 2013

cake is all you need

Today is Valentines day and I've been thinking about where I am in my relationships.
 
My lovely little girl has given me a card and lots of kisses and cuddles. We've had a lovely day at our friends house making cakes and decorating them. Never leave kids alone with icing and sprinkles. Well, not if you're a neat freak anyway :) The kids have had such a good day and have (for the most part) played really nicely together.
 
We've been having nice girly chats but both my friend and her friend who'd also turned up for cake making fun are well and truly loved up. I'm not at a point where I'm ready for a new relationship, but I did feel a bit like I was the odd one out!
 
I am, still in a state of limbo regarding my relationship with K. I want to get divorced but it's way down on my list of important jobs at the moment. The whole out of sight, out of mind cliche. He's miles away and he's not particularly bothering me. I can cope with seeing him in short bursts, but the further I'm getting in my self analysis/recovery the more I know it's got to be finalised. For him as much as me. He works on the basis that I'm just kidding and I'll forgive him like I've done before. But I'm not going to. Not this time. I don't think he's ever really seen my stubborn side, I always just gave in to him for an easy life. It's time I started making some big decisions and made some steps towards progress.
 
 Until then, I'm just going to eat this cake and keep ignoring it.
 
Now, where'd I put that icing...  
 
     

No comments: