16 March 2013

film fun

I actually quite enjoyed the Tinkerbell film! There, I said it... It was quite sweet really, and madam was most taken with it, which was the point after all. I also quite enjoyed being at the cinema, it's one of my favourite places.
 
I used to go to the cinema all the time when I was younger, I went at least twice a week and would watch most of the films by myself (I couldn't be arsed to wait for someone else to be free to come with me). I never quite got round to signing up for one of the unlimited cards which would probably have saved me a fortune... nevermind... I had spare cash at the time.
 
I do miss that part of my old life, there is a great cinema club called We Watch Films that goes once a month to the local cineworld. This would be great for me if it didn't meet on a Monday, when I can't get a babysitter... Or to the cinema, for that matter... *sighs* But I do chat to them on twitter and facebook which at least gets me in that world. They've arranged a screening of Labyrinth for the end of April which I'm planning to get to by hook or by crook! I would love to see it on the big screen, having only ever seen it on a TV. *goes off into a slightly weird David Bowie fantasy*
 
I'd like to establish at this point I am not (and never really have been) a Bowie fan, but I do fancy him as the Goblin King... No, I don't really understand that either, though I'm fairly sure I'm not alone...
 
I had a bailiffs letter through the door yesterday which was for an unpaid parking fine of the husbands, I went into panic mode and couldn't phone the number on it so as I only had 24hrs to sort it out I had to palm it off on my mother this morning to get her to ring them whilst dad drove us to the cinema. Felt enormously guilty, but mother is aces at dealing with that kind of thing and just told the guy that himself wasn't at the address and hadn't been for quite some time. She did give him the address we have for him in Bristol...
 
We're now struggling to find something to do with ourselves this afternoon, it's wet and miserable. Again. But madam needs to go somewhere and run about. I can't think of anywhere we can really go that doesn't involve us paying out in some way. I think we may have to brave the rain and just go for a walk somewhere...
 
I'll let you all place bets as to whether we just end up at home watching DVDs in the warm...     

No comments: