22 May 2013

Bristol, trains and cross stitch

Well, after much pain and discussions with himself I have booked tickets down to Bristol on the train. I did look into the whole car hire thing but once you add in the deposit, the petrol and the fact I have to work out where the paper part of my driving license is (no, I do know where it is really) it's just far too much hassle. Compared with just turning up for the train, anyway.
 
Also, having put it out to debate on Twitter the winning vote came from miss_mollypops as she pointed out I could have magazines and cake! Not that I had forgotten this potential, but it is always good to be reminded :)
 
Also, yesterday madam picked up her prize from the raffle at one of the local sweet shops. It's called Box of Frogs so that's exactly what she won! A very large box of chocolate ones to be precise...
 
 
 
She looks quite pleased about it, too. I adore this photo, such a beautiful, genuine smile on her face! But, that is what chocolate will do for you! Lol... She also then got to go and spend some of the money daddy had given me (I figured he owed her some pocket money) and bought herself some sunglasses, a Barbie DVD (you have *no* idea how hard I campaigned against that one) and some more stickers for her book...
 
One very happy madam yesterday evening, I can tell you. One slightly less happy me as I had to sit through "Barbie: the Princess and the Pop Star" *weeps* It was just as bad as that sounds...
 
Yesterday evening, after madam went to bed, I decided on an evening sort of off Twitter/other social media and watched Bridesmaids and got on with my cross stitch. It always surprises me just how long it takes to do. I don't know whether that's just me, or it's because you have to stitch every row twice...
 
 
 
But it's finished and I will be affixing it to madam's t-shirt forthwith. My friend L (you know, who's having the twins NEXT WEEK *squee*) has asked me to do a cross stitch for their arrival! Well, to mark their arrival might be a better way to phrase that.
 
I am not overly confident. She showed me the one that her older son was made an it makes me feel seriously inferior! I could just do something fairly simple for them I guess. And add their names, date and weights to it... I saw the most beautiful design yesterday, but I'm not sure I could replicate it...
 
Ugh, the lack of sleep last night has just caught up with me...

1 comment:

Tabatha Tweedie said...

That is a lovely photo of Madam! X